Enjoy your January Newsletter! New Hue is the Premier Lifestyle guide to living your best life! Providing resources with thought provoking discussions that inform, encourage and inspire!
Exploring life through media with a range of topics from Health, Wealth, Travel, Education and Family while creating a diverse community makes the journey beautiful and interesting.
January Newsletter Holidays & Happenings
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. – How We Can Make the Dream Live On Click Here to Read More
2019 Martin Luther King Holiday Activities
There are activities all around Central Florida to celebrate the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Take your family out, enjoy these free events and learn more about why we celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Check out the list below:
1. January 13th 5:30-7:30pm Downtown Orlando Candlelight Vigil and March
2. January 19th 2-3:30pm 42nd Annual Eatonville Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade
3. January 19th 10am-12pm The Southwest Orlando Jaycees 2019 MLK Holiday Parade. Kickoff at downtown Orlando Courthouse to Lake Eola Park
4. January 19th 10am-4pm Kissimmee Martin Luther King Jr. Unity Celebration in historic downtown Kissimmee
5. January 20th 1-5pm 17th Annual Unity Festival in Winter Park at Shady Park in Hannibal Square
6. January 21st 10am-3pm Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration and Parade presented by the City of Oviedo and Oviedo Citizens in Action
7. January 21st 10am-12pm 13th Annual Ocoee MLK Day Parade & Celebration held on Clarke Rd.
8. January 21st 10am-2pm Winter Garden Martin Luther King Jr. Parade & Festival traveling along Plant St through Winter Garden.
New Hue Featured Professional Spotlight
Checkout out New Hue Professional Spotlight EyeDareU Makeup Artistry
Click Image to View Full Interview with DareShawn Henry
Hidden Gems to Explore in Central Florida
Why Everyone Loves USTA National Campus
The United States Tennis Association (USTA) has a new home outside Orlando. The state-of-the-art facility is beaming with over 100 courts, coaching for every age, pro shop, restaurants, events and much more. Tennis is truly a sport for all ages and it’s never too late to start. This campus offers youth up to senior level programs to get everyone moving.There are many ways to play with free or discounted options. Membership is available for adults, kids and families. Tennis is a great way to exercise because it increases hand and eye coordination as well as speed, strength and balance. Not to mention the sport is social and fun.
My 8 year old daughter and her Girl Scout Troop took a trip to the facility. Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff and coaches who were excited to teach the girls all about the game of tennis. Parents were impressed by the kid size courts, basic skill games and how quickly the girls were learning. I personally loved watching the Girl Scouts watching the highly skilled teens and young adults play matches. They looked inspired and could not take their eyes off the powerful female players displaying amazing athletic skill.
Even if you’re not interested in playing but want to check out tournaments and special events, visit the website at www.usta.com. Take the family and go explore the facility for free. As always Orlando offers many entertainment opportunities besides theme parks. For local residents and visitors it something you don’t want to miss.