What Are Non-Virtual Working Parents To Do With Our Children?
What are parents to do with their children when their jobs are non-virtual? We are open! The community leaders are saying we are open but local community camps are saying we are closed! Like most of us, we are teachers working virtually and now we must be summer camp counselors. This would be wonderful if our jobs remained in the virtual world however, they have decided it is time to face the world and get back to society.
There will be many great opportunities for parents to sign their kids up for fantastic virtual camps but my heart breaks at the idea of children spending their whole summer in front of a computer screen. So, I began to locate local in-person summer camps in Central Florida who are following the CDC guidelines for safe social distancing and keeping our kids safe as we parents re-enter the community to work.
Here are our top 10 list of in-person summer camps currently open:
- WinterClub Ski and Snowboard Summer Camp is a unique in-person summer camp program giving today’s youth the opportunity to learn and experience the thrill of winter sports, snowboarding, and skiing in a supportive, friend-filled atmosphere.
Our five-day comprehensive program encourages participants not only to learn skiing and have fun but also to develop lasting friendships with their chaperones, instructors, and classmates. Small groups led by professional instructors teach mountain safety and ski & snowboard techniques to all levels from beginners to experts.
- Orlando Watersports Complex will be the best week of your child’s in-person summer camp! From cable riding to the aquapark, your kids will have fun and improve their swimming skills. All experience levels are welcome! Summer Camp is the best way to get your kid’s geared up and shredding in no time. Campers are taught everything from basic fundamentals to advanced tricks.
- Orlando Science Center In an age-dependent on innovation and creativity, our in-person summer camp programs provide children with a platform for cultivating their interests while working collaboratively with their peers to develop lifelong skills that will enrich their lives and future community.
- Orlando Metro Gymnastic Kidz Sports Day Camps Our in-person summer camps are offered to children ages 4-17. There are 4 different locations to choose from. Camp hours are 7:30 am – 6:00 pm. However, you can customize your days with our half-day options. During our Kidz Sports Day Camp, children will rotate through different sports activities and games including gymnastics.
- Orlando Shakes’ acting classes and in-person summer camps are uniquely designed to use theater to build critical life skills in each participant. Our techniques encourage creativity, collaboration, problem-solving, concentration, public speaking, and a strong work ethic. These life skills are necessary assets that your children will learn to help them move forward to a better future while having fun at the same time!
- The Florida Film Academy in Winter Garden Students experience directing, filming acting and post-production with easy to use – but very powerful – film tools. Camps run Monday – Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. Before and aftercare are available on request for an additional charge, please contact email@example.com for further information. Students are teamed into small groups according to age with an instructor for each group. This ensures individual attention as well as the opportunity for each student to play every role in the film crew.
- The Orange County Regional History Center’s Summer Camps have long been an especially important part of our educational programming. Please know that we will do everything in our power to assure that the museum and our classrooms are a safe space for students and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic. Class size will be reduced to meet the Florida Department of Children & Families (DCF) guidelines for a 9:1 ratio (9 campers to one teacher, including morning and aftercare). Due to class size restrictions, some in-person summer camps are already at capacity and have waitlist links in the registration section below. If your desired camp is full, we encourage you to register for the waitlist in case of cancellations.
- Mad Science Summer Camps Please note that as of now, we will be hosting VIRTUAL Camps for June and IN-PERSON Camps in July. If things change, we will notify you at least 2 weeks before camp starts. Due to COVID-19, there will be NO cancellation fees for any camps canceled at least 2 days in advance of camp. For Virtual Camps, you must live in Volusia, Orange, or Seminole County for delivery of supplies. Thanks for your support!
- Pure Life Surf School Kids Do you have children ages 7-16 looking for a unique experience? Then, try Daytona Beach Surf Camp all year long. They are a surf school that grew up surfing in Daytona Beach and Ponce Inlet. Their core values are instilled in their kids as they enhance their surfing skills, knowledge of their ocean environment, and surfing etiquette. Kids have a blast at this in-person summer camp, meet new friends, and make memories! No other camp compares to the level of fun that is achieved at Pure Life Surf School.
Summer Adventures at the Central Florida Zoo! Explore their exciting full-day in-person summer camps for children ages 6-17. Camp hours are 9:00 am – 4:00 pm. Before care starts at 8:00 a.m. Aftercare runs until 5:30 p.m. Before/Aftercare is not included in the price of camp. Choose from a wide variety of fun and exciting camps such as Pirates of the ZOOribbean, Jr. ZooKeeper, Jungle to Jungle, and more! The Seminole Aerial Adventure Course is now included in the Explore the Wild camp for ages 9-12. For more information call 407.323.4450 ext. 123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy the in-person summer camps that follow the CDC guidelines to keep our children and family’s stay safe. Please contact each camp to verify if updates have been made as changes do occur daily as new information is provided.